- India needs a comprehensive law to protect children from sexual abuse.
- The need to introduce inter-disciplinary and inter-agency work to protect children from abuse.
- A joint investigating team comprising a police officer, medical doctor, mental health specialists and social workers to deal with child abuse cases.
- The need for separate child courts for child victims.
- Reviewing the exisitng provisions and definitions on rape and molestation in the Indian Penal Code, which are inadequate to deal with sexual violence against children.
Monday, August 21, 2006
"It takes a Community to Protect a Child"
Chief Justice of Madras High Court, Mr. Justice A.P.Shah, in his inaugral address emphaiszed the following :